DescrizioneAir Locker locking differentials allow you to tackle the toughest terrain. As the world's premier traction aid, ARB Air Lockers keep you moving in all conditions.
Many people believe that a 4WD and traction go hand in hand... you can't have one without the other. However, your vehicle's standard (or open) differential is designed to allow each wheel to turn independently, thus eliminating binding during turns. Off road, this becomes a major burden as engine power will take the path of least resistance, which occurs at the wheels with little or no traction.Newer vehicles with limited slip differentials may offer some improvement, but more often you'll find the slipping is not ‘limited' enough to maintain forward progress. Automatic locking differentials also have their disadvantages. Aside from being noisy when disengaging, they can also upset the on-highway driving characteristics of your vehicle.
Created to provide 100% traction on demand, without sacrificing any of your vehicle's highway driving performance, ARB Air Lockers employ a 12 volt air compressor designed to activate (and deactivate) a solid and durable locking mechanism inside the differential. This gives you the traction you need, when you need it, all at the flick of a switch, and all within the safety and comfort of the driver's seat.The advantage of the ARB Air Locker lies in the pneumatically operated locking system inside the differential. When activated, the Air Locker prevents the differential gears from rotating and therefore prevents the axle shafts from turning independently of each other. With both wheels tied directly to the rotation of the crown wheel, the vehicle maintains maximum possible traction at all times. When unlocked, it operates just like a conventional ‘open' differential.In addition to providing outright improvements to a 4x4's off road capabilities, the Air Locker offers significant environmental benefits. An Air Locker equipped vehicle can be driven in a slower, safer and more controlled manner, greatly reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact.
- Designed for Air Locker use
- High flow, compact 12v compressor
- Sealed for moisture and dust resistance
- Hard anodised cylinder bore and Telfon impregnated carbon fibre piston seal for reduced friction and maximum trouble free life
- Heavy-duty maxi-fuse equipped for professional in-line circuit protection
- Quality components for quiet operation and extra long life
- Anodised mounting brackets dissipates motor heat and allows compressor to be repositioned 180º
- Constructed entirely of lightweight, high strength engineering grade materials
- Over-pressure safety value equipped
- Motor is internally thermal protected against extreme temperature damage
- IVA compresa, trasporto escluso
- I prezzi pubblicati sono validi solo per l'acquisto on-line
- Per ora non è possibile effettuare acquisti on-line dall'estero, ma è possibile ordinare materiali a mezzo mail all'indirizzo firstname.lastname@example.org e pagarli mediante Paypal
- Per gli articoli non acquistabili on-line, o per avere maggiori informazioni, inviare una mail all'indirizzo email@example.com
- Per richiesta di ricambi oltre a quelli pubblicati, inviare una mail all'indirizzo firstname.lastname@example.org
torna all'elenco prodotti